Friday, January 8, 2010

my new love.

I have always had a great passion for photography, in big part, thanks to my dad. He always had Ansell Adams pictures hanging in our house, he has a lot of really awesome camera equipment ;), and we just always talk photography, which I love. PLUS he gave me the new version of Photoshop elements for Christmas. Still trying to learn that, if anyone out there has advice or tips on this- please let me know! I'm so grateful hubby gave me a very nice camera for my very first Mother's Day last May. So for the past few months I've had a blast playing around with it and learning a lot...I have a LONG way to go!! I've decided to start this photo blog to document a part of my life that I'm very much in love with right now. I'm also very grateful to the photographers I know and look up to, who have truly inspired me by giving me great compliments and amazing advice: Dad, aunt Melissa, Denise Clegg, Kathy Carlisle, and especially Julia Wade, who is like the most amazing photographer ever and has spent a bit of her time giving me great direction... you guys rock! In fact I'm borrowing a brilliant idea from julia wade. She talks on her blog about doing a photo each week of the year, 52 photos. I'm hoping this will help me keep up on my private journaling. At the end of the year I'll combine that with each photo for that week. I'm in New Year's resolution mode...hope I can stay on top of this because it could be really awesome to look at when I'm done. I'm sure this is going to be very easy most weeks, and very difficult others. By trying to find different things to photograph each week, I will be forced to be really creative. Some will have meaning for that specific week, and some will be random. How fun. Thanks for checking out my blog and PLEASE feel free to leave your criticism, I REALLY do appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Dang Angie! You're getting so good at this photography thing. The picture of Cale in his crib just melts your heart. Love that boy! And great job on the rings shot. It's better that a lot that I've seen taken by pros for people's wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! How fun:-) Check out this blog I just found: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

    She has awesome tips about photography in general and also stuff about Photoshop. And her pictures are just gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete